TEI/Oxygen and Syriac

Home Forums Recordings TEI/Oxygen and Syriac

Tagged: , ,

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Dear all,

this is a short follow up in regard to the topic “TEI and Persian”, which mostly seems to deal with rtl-problems. My post refers specifically to the input of Syriac in Oxygen.

I ran Oxygen and Syriac was not working properly. The main issue is, as far as I could see: As soon as you input even one Syriac character, the possibility to fold a longer tag (by clicking on the plus/minus next to the line numbers) is missing. This is not reversible: Deleting all Syriac characters does not bring the option back.

There seem to be two solutions to this problem:

(1) Using the Oxygen plugin for Eclipse. In fact, this works out of the box and the most important functions, e.g. to check the TEI-code etc., work fine. An overview of all the functions of this Eclipse plugin can be found here: https://www.oxygenxml.com/xml_editor/eclipse_plugin.html

I have tested this with a Linux machine (Linux Mint 19 Cinnamon, Cinnamon 3.8.9), running both Oxygen and Eclipse with OpenJDK Version 11.

(2) Using a different java-Version for running Oxygen. This, I have not tested. Apparently, this solution is not as straight forward, because you would have to edit the starting script of Oxygen.

All best,

Florian

Keymaster

Thanks for the hint! This is very useful! Although I won’t be using oxygen extensively with Syriac, I will need to start dealing with some Syriac documents in the near future. Now I am aware of this problem and I will know how to deal with it! Thanks!

Alicia

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.